It all started with a flea market find, Peter Plotnicki soon realized that the garment he had just bought was made of a very special piece of fabric. The undershirt from 1911 was made in one of the last active knitwear factories in the region, Merz b. Schwanen. Taken off the garment, he decided to resume production of circular knitting, under the old brand name.
The Swan is a symbol of energy, purity and freedom as well as an end followed by a new beginning, something that fits in well with the brand. The successful knitwear factory, which started production in 1911, under the leadership of Balthazar Merz, lived on through the visions of Peter Plotnicki and Rudolf Loden.