PO9649S Sunglasses Havana Yellow/Blue
Persol's timeless 649 sunglasses were originally designed for Turin's tram drivers and first launched in 1957. Their unique design, technology and shape have allowed these sunglasses to achieve iconic status.
- Product details
- About Persol
- Care & material
- Reviews (0 )
- Contact us
• Italy's Persol were one of the world's first producers of sunglasses.
• Handmade in Italy.
• Brown tortoiseshell frames with blue accents, hand-moulded from particularly weighty and solid acetate.
• Yellow-tinted crystal lenses offering 100% UV protection.
• Filter category 3 (scale 0-4), dark lenses.
• Persol's iconic arrow emblem on the sidepieces.
• Flexible Meflecto steel reduces pressure on the temples.
• Presented in a Persol leather case with cleaning cloth.
• Size 52.
Like so many other legendary brands, sunglasses producer Persol was conceived as the solution to a problem: In the 1950s, Turin’s trams still featured completely open cabs, leaving their drivers exposed to the elements, and particularly the blinding Mediterranean sun. This was a major problem when navigating the Italian city’s densely populated centre. Persol’s first sunglasses, with the model designation PO 649, were created as a solution to this dilemma but quickly gained much wider recognition, becoming an almost instant classic.
Answers to our most frequently asked questions can be found here.
We aim to reply to all e-mails within one working day.
Telephone: +46 (0)10-707 95 80
Mon-Fri 08:00-17:00 CET/CEST. International rates apply. Please check with your operator before calling or instead contact us via e-mail.